The objectives of Asociación Girasol are:
- To offer support and improve the life of people with advanced, incurable illnesses, their families and carers though the execution of various activities relating to: health care, practical care, emotional care, material care, spiritual care, and psychological care in the towns of Alameda, Humilladero, Fuente de Piedra and Mollina.
In order to fulfil these objectives the following will be carried out:
- Evaluate and support: Health care, psychological care, social care, spiritual care, material care.
- Develop a home care service.
- Offer a full range of palliative care services.
- Compile, produce, and distribute information relating to the Association´s activities.
- Foster links with local authorities and others.
- Work with the local communities.
- Develop a programme of continuous training for professionals and volunteers