Palliative care is the holistic care of patients at a time when their illness is no longer responsive to curative treatment and when life expectancy is relatively limited.
Our philosophy of care is based on the following principles:
That Palliative Care
- respects the patient’s wishes
- is a team approach composed of both professionals and our trained volunteers
- proporcionar alivio para el dolor psicológico, social y espiritual.
- recognises and responds to the support needs of the family and carers
- offers a support system to help the patient live with the best possible quality of life until death.
- integrates psychological, emotional and spiritual care for patients, their family and carers so that they may come to terms with death as fully and constructively as they can
- helps the patient’s family cope during the patient’s illness and in bereavement
- affirms life and regards death as a normal process; it seeks neither to hasten nor to postpone death
- offers bereavement counselling.